Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Like Father, Like Daughter

Most people probably don't know this, but Brett LOVES chocolate chip cookies. I have no doubt that he would love to have them every night if he could. Now that Audrey has gotten older and experienced a world with chocolate chip cookies, she seems to agree. I don't give Audrey a lot of sweets so when she saw that there were cookies going into the oven, she was quite excited. Unfortunately, she wasn't quite as patient- and in her defense (this is for me) she was really tired. I imagine this is what Brett would have been like as a kid waiting for the cookies to bake! Just kidding- I know his mom would never have put up with this...

3 minutes- just waiting


6 minutes- starting to lose it


10 minutes- gone


This is why I usually bake them after she has gone to bed. I wish I had a final picture of her savoring the hot from the oven cookies but she ended up in my lap sniffling in between bites. So sad. She really has a tough life.

Sadly enough, she probably gets this from me more than from Brett. There have been nights when there hasn't been ANYTHING sweet in my house, and I have contemplated lying on the floor and crying myself. ha ha

4 comments:

Britt said...

I feel the same way about waiting for chocolate chip cookies!

ashley said...

that's so funny. Brielle has already learned to just eat the dough while she waits.

Our Happy Family said...

I love these pictures. They are to funny. I act the same way when it comes to food.

Macy said...

Kerst- You are so funny! I also want chocolate every day!! If I don't have any, Kenny will ALWAYS go get me some... I think he has a problem too....(he's not a good support group for losing weight).