Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Little Friend


Yesterday morning, during a break in the rain, Brett and Audrey found a new little friend. This hummingbird was standing by the back door when they went out to feed the dogs. Naturally, the hummingbird took one look at the excitement on Audrey's face and ran as far away from her as it could get. Not the smartest hummingbird because it just ran to the flower beds instead of flying away (as a side note- Brett felt like it was a baby that wasn't sure how to fly- I felt like it might want to learn sooner rather than later with a toddler on the premises). I couldn't believe that it just sat there; although, I figure it was probably trying to play dead so we would quit gawking at it and Audrey would quit trying to pick it up! After the rain finally stopped today, Audrey was pitching a fit to go outside- of course I thought it was too wet but what do I know?- so after much arguing (can you call it that when your child can't form sentences???) I gave in and let her out. The first thing she did was walk over to where the hummingbird had been yesterday and turned to me with a serious look on her face and said her version of "it gone." So funny. I couldn't believe that she remembered the hummingbird! But, then again, why should I be surprised? She seems to always remember the many things I have told her not to do that she continues to do on a daily basis. Who knows? Maybe the bird played it right. Maybe I'll play dead tomorrow, too.

1 comment:

Jen Lloyd said...

How precious! What a great picture! I also love the facelift on your blog! I tried to put a new one on mine, but it wouldn't load for some strange reason. I'll have to try again!