Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Moments That Make Motherhood Worth It

Out of the blue tonight, Audrey came over to me, gave me a big hug and said, "I love you, Mommy. You're my best friend." I'm not sure where she has heard the term "best friend" or if she even really knows what it means but I'm taking it for what it's worth. I have to admit, it did bring tears to my eyes. I might have even started crying but as soon as she said it, my husband said to her, "What am I???" and she said, "You Brett." I just love her! I hope she still feels that way in the years to come.

On a funnier note, she now refers to her friends and family as "my people." We went to dinner with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law last night and Audrey informed me on the way home that she had a "fun time eating with my people." She also "can't wait to see my people" at school and "can't wait for my people to come over to play."

What would we do without these moments? I just love watching her grow and learn and although I am loving this age, it makes so sad to think it won't last forever. I can't imagine my life without this sassy, funny, beautiful little girl.

2 comments:

Janell said...

You do so well at describing Audrey and her personality. I feel like I know her! She is so adorable and reminds me so much of my Lauren and the fun stage she is in, somewhere between baby and little girl. It's the best :)

Sara said...

I like being "her people" :)