Wednesday, February 3, 2010
My Little Monster
A few months ago, I upgraded my sewing machine to a much nicer machine that doesn't make me want to throw it out the window every time I sit down. I have loved it and I am so glad I finally made the switch since I feel like I've been doing a lot of sewing lately. Seems that the phrase "when it rains, it pours" also applies to pregnancies as well! I was hoping to take advantage of Brett being off of work for a couple of days and get some baby gifts sewn in peace and quiet. I was able to get a lot done for 2 baby boys and a baby girl...



but it turns out that I should have been paying more attention to the munchkin downstairs, who was left at the kitchen table with her watercolors while daddy sat in the next room working on the computer. I expected to see her hands painted along with lots of watered down pictures. No surprises there. What I didn't expect to see was this...
She had obviously thought about painting herself ahead of time because she shut the kitchen doors. She thinks that you can't see or hear her when they are shut, although, they are glass and and you can very clearly see and hear what she is doing. That is, if you actually take a second to look in the kitchen.... What amazes me is that she thought through it enough to know she would be in trouble when we saw what she did so she quietly walked through the dining room to get upstairs, in an effort to avoid Brett, and was trying to wash it off in the bathroom when I walked in and found her. Sneaky, sneaky. All I could really do is laugh- out of shock. And be grateful that we were iced in so we didn't have anywhere to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
First of all I love the burp cloths and taggey blankets. You need to show me how to make those some day. Your little monster is very cute. That sounds like something my girls would do. Saige will tell me she is being sneaky, but carefull.
My husband said: "Whoops". Yup, yup. Enough said.
I laughed so hard at the pictures of Audrey. She reminds me so much of Baylee. They would be trouble together. hehehe
Love it! She had to have on her make up!
Love the burps and taggies! Those taggies are A LOT of work but SO cute when finished!
This made me laugh out loud. Love it when dad is in charge.
I have to ask if my brother laughed or cried:) Soooo funny! Isn't it awesome when they're crafty enough to be sneaky. I feel a little bit of pride followed directly by lots of panic. I don't want them being that smart!
Post a Comment