Brett and I stayed in a beautiful cabin with great views of the leaves changing.
The first day we drove into the park and hiked around. Before we left, Brett said that he would like to go on an easy/moderate hike. Nothing strenuous. I should have just laughed at him because I knew this would happen...
Now, I know from the picture it probably doesn't look bad, but let me assure you, it was. This hike, that was indeed labeled "strenuous," was 2 miles straight up with a 1700' elevation change (I think that's how you explain that). All I kept thinking was that if I made it up alive, it would be all downhill on the way back.
Point of destination: "Chimney Tops" If you wanted to get the best view, you had to climb the rocks. I chose to go about halfway where I stood a chance of getting down without killing myself (and everyone else in my path).
Brett chose to climb to the top. Here's his proof.
What's funny is that no one was going to the top when we got there. Once Brett started climbing, you could hear gasps and whispers (it was really funny) and suddenly there is a line of people going up behind him.
Going downhill (steep enough to make you just want to run the entire way) was not as enjoyable as I had hoped. I can't say it was worse than going up, but by the time we got to the car, my knees were in major pain. I think I have the knees of a 60 yr old.
Lucky for me, Brett was too sore the next day to want to do anymore strenuous hiking so we decided to head to North Carolina to see the Biltmore Estate. Ahhh... I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this house. It is AMAZING!! My mom and I went and toured the house a couple of years ago and I knew that Brett would love it, too. We love looking at houses and you just can't beat the biggest home in America.
We were also able to get in some shopping at the outlet mall, ate lots of yummy food, and visited one of my closest friends from college and saw her little 4-month old baby for the first time.
While we were gone, Audrey had her own fun and my mom took lots of pictures to document. Here are some of the best...
Sat in wet cement.
Found a new hiding place in the cabinets of my parents new (under construction) house.
Ate LOTS of ice cream.
Invaded Stryker's space-
and made peace with Stryker by giving him lots of hugs.
Thanks, Mom and Dad!!!


4 comments:
It all looks so fun. What a great cabin and beautiful view. I hear you on the hiking. Anytime Wes says its just a short easy one I know better. Why can't he and Brett live closer and then they could take the kids and we could go shopping. Your parents are moving?
The place where you and Brett stayed look so pretty. I read your post to my husband and told him to take me somewhere like that, he just laughed.
I guess that means he won't be taking me anytime soon.
Hey! I've finally made it to your blog and I love it!
I can't believe I didn't tell you I started my blog...you are the one who prompted me to do it! I did it that day after we talked about it!! Sorry:) So- it looks like y'all had fun. Lets all just move to East Tennessee- or North Carolina. I loovve it there. I had fun with Audrey the other night:)
Post a Comment