I cannot believe it- AT ALL! Seriously? 2 years old?!?! It was just yesterday that we brought her home from the hospital, right? I think this past year has gone by even faster than the first year! But what a fun year it has been. Brett's cousin just had a baby (Congrats, Britney!) and looking at her pictures made me a little emotional as I thought back to Audrey being that small (and yes, I KNOW now would be a good time for another- all things in time, people). That first year seems like such a blur now. It was all about survival for me and now I wish I had enjoyed the quiet moments more! But Audrey's 2nd year has been more fun than I ever thought I could have being a mom. She has brought so much joy to my life and I feel so blessed and grateful to be her mother.
SOME of the things I love about Audrey:
1. She's a guaranteed dance partner.
2. How happy she is when she wakes up in the morning (even though she chooses to yell "Mommy! Get up!" instead of letting Daddy know she wants to get up- still working on that one).
3. All the hugs and kisses that I've been getting lately (I must thank “Barney” and his theme song for helping out with that one).
4. She loves turning every objects into hats.
5. She loves her daddy and wants to do everything he does (yea for the bubble lawnmower she got from grandma and grandpa- she and daddy are going to have a fuuun summer).
6. How she loves to take people to the front door when they are leaving our house and stand there until the car is out of sight saying, "Bye- Bye! See woo water! Have a gweat day!"
7. How she loves to bake with me (most days I have the patience for it) and will lick the bowl/spoon clean if needed. And even if it's not needed.
8. The funny meanings that some words have for her. For example: "ON!" only means turn up the radio (and don't you dare turn it to country- this is a hip/hop, rock/roll girl), "OFF!" is used only in reference to her clothes, "Ummm… sure"- always said instead of saying “yes”, "C’mon or C’mere, Momma" (simultaneously said while clapping her hands- causing you to feel like the child for a minute). She's also been saying, "Hurry, Momma!" a lot lately so I guess I need to work on my time management. :)
I was going to post my favorite pictures from the last year but I got so overwhlemed looking at them that I couldn't decide. So, I'll make up for it in the next couple of days by posting way more pictures than you ever wanted to see of her birthday party.


2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Audrey!
I love your list of things! Bo did the same thing about clapping and saying "C'mon!" We always felt like he was calling us like we call the dogs! :)
I can't wait to see the pictures!
Happy birthday Audrey! And thanks for the shout out! I feel special.
Post a Comment